In 2007 our lives were changed forever by Rubinstein-Taybi Syndrome. What we thought would be devastating ended up to be the biggest blessing.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Post Script

  Most people are good down to earth well meaning folks filled only with good intentions. It's not everyday you will run into someone who has every intention of ruining your day, and can't see the good in anyone or anything. These naysayers aren't misunderstood, they make their point known and it can not be mistaken.
 It is the kind folk who say something they think is nice, or don't know what to say so they try really hard to be sweet. For example a social classic "God won't give you more than you can handle", or " He knew what He was doing when He gave you a special child", and last but not least "I could never do what you do".                                                                                                                                 Why you ask do I bite my lip and draw blood when I hear these well meaning statements? They all stem from a place of feeling sorry. Yes indeed there was a time I felt sorry for myself for having a differently abled child. For sure it is still filled with daily challenges most people don't think twice about. Making simple plans is made harder, and extra steps are added to everyday routines. It is what it is. Don't be sad for me and my family. We got this!

P.S. You would too.............................................

                                                               

 

3 comments:

Finding Normal said...

I love everything about this.

Rebecca Jo Vincent said...

I have friends with a special needs child & all I see is that family has extra doses of blessings :) You've definitely got this! :)

Bee said...

Wow what a beautiful pic, the boys have grown so much x